Attorneys, social workers and medical professionals wishing to accept cases on a pro bono basis are always needed and appreciated.
Any professional interested in accepting a case or providing mental health or medical assistance should contact the Director or Manager of the appropriate program.
Ayuda’s attorneys are available to provide training and mentoring for pro bono attorneys. Please note that all pro bono attorneys must carry their own malpractice insurance. Examples of cases for which Ayuda often needs pro bono help:
- Immigration attorneys are needed to represent clients in applications for asylum seekers and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking. Ayuda’s attorneys are available to provide training and mentoring for pro bono attorneys.
- Family law attorneys* are needed for civil protection order, divorce, custody and child support cases. Ayuda’s attorneys are available to provide training and mentoring for pro bono attorneys.
- Licensed Social Workers, therapists and psychiatrists are needed to diagnose the psychiatric condition of asylum applicants. Ayuda has found that many clients suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder and related ailments resulting from torture and/or abuse. Domestic violence clients are also often in need of counseling and/or psychiatric evaluations.
- Physicians are needed to provide medical exams to document evidence of past torture for asylum applicants.
* If you are a family law practitioner in Maryland or Virginia and would be willing to accept pro bono cases, please let Ayuda’s Family Law Supervisor know so that we may refer clients to you.