Case Manager, Children's Program, VA (Part-Time Position)Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Ayuda is the DC area’s leading source of multilingual legal and social service assistance to low-income immigrants in the areas of immigration, human trafficking, domestic violence, family law, and services to unaccompanied immigrant children. Ayuda is seeking a Part-time Case Manager to join Ayuda’s Social Services Department in our Virginia office to provide comprehensive case management services to immigrant children who have suffered from abuse, neglect, and abandonment. The position would work no more than 20 hours weekly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide clinical case management and crisis intervention to include culturally and linguistically appropriate referrals for needed services and benefits including food, shelter, medical and mental health care, education, and safety, and other identified areas of need.
- Conduct client intakes and develop individualized case management plans based on client assessments.
- Collaborate with Ayuda’s Legal Department to provide holistic services to clients.
- Conduct outreach and trainings to providers and community members.
- Participate and represent Ayuda in meetings with community partner organizations.
- Maintain client case files, program statistics and monthly reports.
- Coordinate and accompany clients to appointments as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. BSW preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- At least 2 years of experience in providing case management and/or direct services to children or youth. Experience working with children, survivors of domestic violence and/or trauma is desired.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and knowledge of issues involved in working with diverse populations.
- Strong commitment to serving, empowering, and advocating on behalf of Ayuda’s low-income immigrant client base.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and part of a diverse multidisciplinary team.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience, plus a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance.
TO APPLY: Please email the following resume, cover letter and 3 references to
Ms. Anne M. Garcia, LICSW, Social Services Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.