Bilingual TherapistPosted: Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Ayuda is the DC area’s leading source of multilingual legal and social service assistance to low-income immigrants in the areas of immigration, human trafficking, domestic violence, family law, and services to unaccompanied immigrant children. Ayuda is seeking a Bilingual Therapist to join Ayuda’s Social Services Department to provide therapy to immigrant survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide individual and group therapy and crisis intervention to survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking.
- Provide culturally and linguistically appropriate referrals for housing, education, medical and mental health care, employment, and other identified areas of need.
- Conduct client intakes, assess client needs and develop individualized treatment plans.
- Collaborate with Ayuda’s Legal Department to ensure holistic services to clients.
- Maintain client case files.
- Maintain program statistics and draft monthly reports.
- Conduct outreach and trainings to providers and community members.
- Participate and represent Ayuda in meetings with community partner organizations.
- Provide leadership with assessment and development of Hermanas Unidas/Sisters United support group program for survivors of trauma.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- MSW/LGSW in the District of Columbia required.
- Fluency in Spanish required.
- At least 2 years of experience providing direct services to survivors of domestic violence and/or survivors of trauma.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and knowledge of issues involved in working with diverse populations.
- Strong commitment to serving, empowering and advocating on behalf of Ayuda’s low-income immigrant client base.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and form part of a diverse, multidisciplinary team.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience, plus a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance. Position is on a contract basis until September 30, 2012, with the possibility of becoming permanent full-time.